Saturday 23 December 2017

Stereotypes part II

"The Polish are hard as nails."

Obviously, there are softies everywhere so also here, but in general I cannot disagree with the above mentioned statement.

Winter in Poland
I remember my first winter in Warsaw. On a Sunday, I clearly remember, my wife and I went for a walk. Nothing strange really... besides the fact that it was -22°C.


Extremely cold weather will not stop them from going outside. My second winter had days of -25°C I remember. During the night even a tad colder. I was wondering how they can have a normal birth rate here, as my balls were about to freeze off.

Frozen nasal hair
-25°C with my nasal hair being frozen, that was some experience. First I was not sure what I was feeling, so strange. I asked my wife if she experienced the same, but she did not. Even Polish nasal hair is Baltic proof it seems.

However, when temperatures are dipping after autumn: wear a hat.

Not wearing a hat is asking for trouble. First of all with the wife, mother or grandmother ;-) Second of all, you will get sick.

But seriously, in the Netherlands people start to wear hats at much lower temperatures. But I got used to it and always do. I was used to winters with below zero temperatures in the Netherlands, but only here I started to understand why the head is the number one place to keep warm.

Before it turns really cold, many Varsovian men wear a kaszkiet. Of course I also wear one.

Curious? Keep an eye on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statistics

Just some statistic I posted a couple of months ago: Pretty amazing isn't it? Lets go over some other ones, not necessa...