Monday 18 December 2017

Stereotypes Part I

You know the annoying ones...bad economy, people being either unemployed or truck driver, always drunk, bla bla bla. 

Bullshit, or like we say here, gówno prawda. Poles can just stand the alcohol better ;-)

Polish people are handy


Very handy in fact. My wife is more handy than me, really. The other day I picked her up from work and saw her inspecting the electric circuit of Christmas lights, which was having some problems...

They also have a saying here which is something like:

"A Pole can do everything, if he wants to."

The last bit is not to be excluded, as me and the mrs went through a hellish "remont" recently (renovation of our block).

So Poles are handy and skilful, good with their hands. 

Fixers
I would rather say that they are excellent "fixers". Truly amazing...I have seen methods so unorthodox that it was hilarious to see. 

Some take creativity a bit too serious...

But what counts is the result!

Why are they so good at fixing things?

That was the question I asked myself and probably it has to do with the time when things went less good with Poland. 
That people were more persistent to fix things as a replacement was either not available or would be too expensive.

But...let's try to not find a reason for everything. It's just a cool thing in the current world of mass consumption. 

Wife in action

Just look at her, hero without a cape!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Statistics

Just some statistic I posted a couple of months ago: Pretty amazing isn't it? Lets go over some other ones, not necessa...