Monday 5 March 2018

Promotions in Poland

Promotions in Poland, a true phenomenon. Racks full of products and at least half of them have a discounted price, visible by these little colored "promocja" cards. Poles love 'em promos, that's what I learned over the years.


Promocja! 
Rabat! 
Taniej! 
Super cena! 
Super okazja! 

(Promotion! Discount! Cheaper! Super price! Super offer!).

Just a few terms you see a lot in shops, an awful lot. It almost hurts the eyes sometimes. Just look at it.



In the Netherlands we had promos, surely. But these were just a small selection of the shop's products. Maybe this strategy just works better in some countries, but it always gives me a feeling to be cautious. I tend to turn a tad sceptic as it makes me think that they just do price ups and sell for the standard price.


The topic is not that spectacular to write a blog about, but this week the mother of all promos popped up at our local supermarket. 


I had to blink my eyes a few times, but I had seen it right. They even had a promotion on the plastic bags! I have never seen anything like this before in my life. I only noticed price ups and EU driven environmental awareness campaigns forbidding stores to give them for free. 

Back home I showed it to my wife and she was confused as well, never saw it before either. So this is not something I would describe as normal in Poland, the huge number of promotions is...holy cow.

Fluorescent snake pits. The orange labels are products having a promotion

It's an awful lot of work to manage all these price changes, errors slip through sometimes. From 2.49 for 2.49!


Or this one, a price slash upwards. From 0.88 for 0.89..


You also have these in opposite order, price downs of 0.01 PLN, which is less than a quarter of a Euro Cent.

OK...enough fun for today. 
Seriously, there truly are very good offers in shops, but searching for them is like a needle in a haystack. If you really want to go bargain hunting in Poland it is wise to check the offers online before going to the shop, which many people do. Of course Polish women (especially the babcias) can find their way through these promo jungle shops, but Mr MyWarsawDream does not own this super power. Polish women, heroes without capes!

Have a nice day folks

1 comment:

  1. Do You Need a Loan, Loans from $20,000 - $10,000,000 00. Get your no obligation FREE quote now! Repayments up to 54 Months. No Collateral, Money paid into your account within 24 hours after approval. For more Info contact us today via email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

Statistics

Just some statistic I posted a couple of months ago: Pretty amazing isn't it? Lets go over some other ones, not necessa...