Saturday 30 December 2017

Home pharmacy

A Polish woman does not have a few packs of medicine at home, she has a domowa apteczka (home pharmacy).

Domowa apteczka

The pharmacy industry has a good sales market in Poland. Compared to the Netherlands, people hold a lot more medicaments at home. And when I write a lot I mean a LOT.

Everything neatly categorized. The children department, pain relief, flu medicaments , nose eye and ear drops, cremes, you name it.

I have seen examples of huge baskets (koszyki) packed totally full with pills, powders, sprays and all of that stuff. 
And of course the herbal Polish teas 
against obstipation and nervosity.
A Polish woman wants her family to be healthy, whatever it takes.

People who know me good know that I use a lot of medicine every day, but that 3 month inventory I keep gets nowhere near it. 

My wife will probably disagree, but I noticed there were so many tv commercials praising their medicine here. In the Netherlands this is more linked to flu outbreaks etcetera.

The most hilarious tv ad I have witnessed is the one where someone drinks this magical coughing syrup which goes straight into the lungs.


I would not try that at home...some folks make the joke that it is "Intelligent syrup".
I must admit that I also saw it in the Netherlands when I was younger.


Then, another gem of an advert I saw a fortnight ago. "Magnez dla kobiet" (magnesium for women). It is exactly the same substance as the regular stuff.

I might sound a bit like making fun of it, 
but don't get me wrong. In Poland for instance rutinoscorbin/rutinacol is being used by many people. A natural medicine which prevented me numerous times from getting the flu. It just stopped or became a mild flu. It is not expensive and I am clueless why these pills are not being used in for instance the Netherlands.

I wish you all a healthy 2018.

2 comments:

  1. Do You Need a Loan, Loans from $20,000 - $10,000,000 00. Get your no obligation FREE quote now! Repayments up to 54 Months. No Collateral, Money paid into your account within 24 hours after approval. For more Info contact us today via email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kidney donor needed urgently at Apollo Hospital, we offer huge amount for one kidney only contact me via WhatsApp number: +918122208392 Email: apollohospitalkidneydep@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Statistics

Just some statistic I posted a couple of months ago: Pretty amazing isn't it? Lets go over some other ones, not necessa...