Thursday 27 December 2018

Bread


Big baskets with bread. A fascinating sight isn't it? It all did not make any sense to me to be honest.  

I thought people were hoarding leftovers to feed birds or something.  

Below you can see a waste bin which serves several households. Next to it the basket with bread. 


Later I discovered the real reason. 

As a Catholic country, many Poles just do not want to throw bread in the general waste bin. Bread represents the body of Christ, throwing it in general waste is really not done for many people. 

It got me thinking though, as Poland is not the most modern country when it comes to separated waste disposal. Would it really end up at a place where they only gather organic waste? I'm afraid that I will never find out...I expect that in some cases it does, in most not. 

If I will then I will let you know :)

1 comment:

  1. Do You Need a Loan, Loans from $20,000 - $10,000,000 00. Get your no obligation FREE quote now! Repayments up to 54 Months. No Collateral, Money paid into your account within 24 hours after approval. For more Info contact us today via email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

Statistics

Just some statistic I posted a couple of months ago: Pretty amazing isn't it? Lets go over some other ones, not necessa...