Sunday 13 May 2018

Fryderyk Chopin


This is the Chopin monument in Łazienki Park, a gorgeous place. When visiting Warsaw for the first time, Mrs MyWarsawDream took me there. Besides falling in love with her, I also fell in love with the park. 
Normally park Łazienkowski is pretty busy with tourists but then it was so silent, truly amazing.

This was also the moment I realized that Chopin was from Poland, I always thought he was French for some reason. Must have been his name. After doing some research I found that I surely was not the only one with that thought.

He lived in Warsaw for some time and there are many places in Warsaw where Mr Chopin is being displayed, like in the restaurant in Old Town where we celebrated our wedding.


On the day of our wedding we luckily did not need umbrellas, it was a gorgeous day. The pictures were taken when we prepared the wedding party.


Żelazowa Wola
He grew up in Żelazowa Wola which is close to Sochaczew, the town where mama Mrs MyWarsawDream originally comes from. I visited Sochaczew a few times, there is a Chopin Monument and also on the square in the center there is a disolay showing information about his life. 

We also paid a visit to Żelazowa Wola recently. Around the house where he grew up a gorgeous park / garden is being maintained perfectly. They charge a fee at the entrance, but I expect that a lot of the revenue is being spent on keeping the park so pretty. Also, I expected to see mass tourism here with buses full of tourists arriving every few minutes. It was a pleasant surprise that this was not the case. Of course, we could have been just lucky. 

Some photos I took:






We really enjoyed it there, so calm and
peaceful. In combination with the lovely weather this was a day to remember. 

PS. Later in his life he left Poland for France, where he changed his name from Fryderyk to Frédéric, so my thought of him being French wasn't that silly 🐵



No comments:

Post a Comment

Statistics

Just some statistic I posted a couple of months ago: Pretty amazing isn't it? Lets go over some other ones, not necessa...